Four warm ideas for cool weather
#1 Add warmth underfoot.
Accent rugs are a great way to add warmth to cold stone or tiled floors, or add texture and interest to hardwood. Rugs can also help harmonize the design elements in a room – placed under a decorative table, in front of a sofa or in a hallway.
We have expanded our rug selection significantly at Snow’s — with dozens of styles, sizes, colors and materials to choose from. From traditional striped cotton rugs to blended wool rugs in rich, seasonal colors, you are sure to find just the right rug to warm up your floors this fall. (Photo credit: Houzz)
#2 Warm up your bath.
For a truly spa-like experience in your own home, consider natural bamboo bath towels. Bamboo is quite versatile, and is uniquely suited for bath towels. In our new line by Kassatex, 60% of the blend is Egyptian cotton, which offers lasting absorbency — and the other 40% is bamboo-made rayon, which makes the towels soft and smooth to the touch.
Bamboo is also a sustainable choice because it grows quickly (renews itself) and requires a minimal amount of chemicals to process. So you can have it all — towels that are eco-friendly, have excellent absorbency, come in a beautiful array of colors, and are sure to add a little extra luxury and comfort to your bath.
#3 Create a warm ambiance.
There is nothing quite like a flickering candle or two to make a room feel warm and cozy. And while these days, it seems like candles are a dime a dozen, there is a definite difference when you choose a quality brand over a generic variety from a discount store. A good candle starts with good ingredients: the wax, wick and fragrance oils. It takes skill to make all these parts come together, which is why it really means something when a candle is said to be handcrafted.
Snow’s carries only excellent-quality candles that smell great, burn clean and last for a long time. The hardest choice will deciding on the color and fragrance! One of our fall favorites is Kringle Candle Company’s Apple Cider Donut — without overpowering, it will bring just the right amount of fall “flavor” to your home.
#4 Serve a warm and comforting meal.
Although slow cookers can be used any time of the year, the cooler months just seem to beg for comfort food that’s been simmered slowly all day long. We have several slow cookers to match your needs and your budget, many offered at Snow’s Everyday Low Price — a price so low we can’t even advertise it. So come in and see… and in the meantime, here’s a delicious slow cooker recipe to get your mouth watering!