Luxury bath and spa products that inspire color and décor
Have you ever had a throw pillow you loved so much you ended up decorating the whole living room around it? Sometimes a particular color scheme or theme just calls to us, and we know we’ll feel good if it surrounds us.
So when thinking about decorating – or working off of a unique decorative element – the bathroom may not necessarily be top of mind. But it’s actually one of the rooms in your home that can be transformed dramatically, and easily.
Since bathrooms tend to be one of the smaller rooms in your home, there isn’t a lot of room for extraneous decor. You need towels, a shower curtain, basic accessories, and whatever products you want on hand to clean up. Pretty straightforward, right? Maybe, but extra-special bath products could be the caveat to turning your bath space into a small sanctuary. We recently added some absolutely luxurious lotions, soaps, powders and cleansers to our inventory – packaged in colors that may just inspire you to base your entire bathroom decor around them.
Here is the 411 on some of our favorite collections. Choose yours, then add plush towels and a heavenly shade or two of Benjamin Moore® Aura Waterborne Bath & Spa paint (the absolute best choice for painting a bathroom), and you’re in business!
Camille Beckman truly is American luxury. Glycerine lotions and bar soaps, shower cleansing gels and lathers, foot treatments and perfumed body powders are just a few of the product choices in the various collections. Each one is carefully thought out, and in a word: lovely. You know they’re serious when they describe the scents like fine perfumeries do, by the top, heart and base “notes.”
But back to bath decor…
Camille Beckman’s new Mango Beach No. 2 line boasts delicious tropical scents like sweet mango, crisp coconut and vanilla cream. They are beautifully packaged in coral-orange notes that just beg you to make them the star of your bathroom.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® apricot chiffon, marble white, cafe royal
- Towel Colors: Go bold with peach or coral, or stay classic with a shade of white
- Decor Accent: A small tropical indoor potted plant
While the Mango Beach line has a exotic tropical feel, the Secret Sea collection is classic coastal. The colors are ocean blues with warm and cozy fragrances like cozy bergamot, nutmeg and sandalwood.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® north sea green, lime sorbet, lemon ice
- Towel Colors: Pick up the subtle shades of green, or make the blue walls pop with a shade of creamy white
- Decor Accent: Beach shells or sea glass, in your favorite decorative vessels or just scattered across a windowsill
Caswell-Massey can be described as a luxury “apothecary.” They have been around a very long time, operating as America’s oldest operating retailer (founded in Newport in 1752, orginally known as “Dr. Hunter’s Apothecary”). The company is also ethically and environmentally conscious; they have never tested their products on animals, the soaps are vegetable-based and biodegradable, and packaging materials are either biodegradable or recyclable.
There are two new lines from the botanicals collection that will make you (or your guests) feel absolutely pampered when they step into your bathroom. The package designs are calming, and using the products makes you feel that way, too.
The Fig & Bamboo products are enriched with Marula oil and natural plant extracts, and make your skin feel like, well… one of their products is called a “Body Soufflé” – so you get the idea. There are also body oil, sugar scrubs, soaps, creams, lotions and more to choose from. And a room bathed in the colors of green fig and natural bamboo? Sounds like a state of zen to us.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® sesame, navajo white, morning dew
- Towel Colors: Pure white
- Decor Accent: Bath accessories (toothbrush holder, soap dish, etc) made from a natural bamboo; a few stalks of “lucky bamboo” in a woven pot or vase
Caswell-Massey’s Coriander & Mandarin collection products are enriched with Yuzu extract, essential oils and natural antioxidants. The “sweet & spicy” combination of fragrances will make you feel both soothed and revitalized at the same time.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® soft marigold, normandy, cascade mountains
- Towel Colors: Depending on the paint and your mood, go for a dramatic steel blue or a soft taupe
- Decor Accent: You can play off the invigorating nature of the mandarin/coriander scents with an array of accessories from Urban Spa, such as a massaging hairbrush, walnut exfoliating buffer, pumice stone, and bouclé bath mitt.
B.Witching Bath Co.
Another American treasure, B. Witching bath products were inspired by their Great-Grandma Bruce’s time-tested secret herbal formulas. They are uniquely formulated with high quality botanicals and essential oils and their signature formulations are made in small batches at laboratories here in the U.S.
B.Witching has many great fragrances (mint tangerine, rosemary herb, honey) but if you want to channel some iconic Cape Cod, Hydrangea is a must.
The Hydrangea collection is made with real floral extracts and includes a bubble bath, moisturizing cleanser, shower gel, sugar scrub, goat’s milk body lotion.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® summer blue, smoke gray, cascade white
- Towel Colors: Any of the coordinating paint colors, or perhaps towels with a hydrangea pattern
- Decor Accent: B. Witching’s Hydrangea soy wax candle, and of course, a lovely vase of fresh or dried hydrangeas!
H.Bronnley & Co. was founded in 1884 by James Bronnley at tender young age of 19. His soap making techniques stemmed from a year in Paris studying the art form, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Today, Bronnley is an English classic, famous for the abundance of natural almond oil, herb, flower and tree extracts they use. When you want the best soap, go here. And of course, a couple of particularly lovely floral soaps and related bath products might just be the highlight of your bathroom decor:
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® pink peony, gray pinstripe, ivory tusk
- Towel Colors: If you want an overall feminine vibe, stay with the pinks and creams. A darker gray or white keeps things more neutral.
- Decor Accent: When the flowers are in season, fresh peonies would be sublime. Simple white bath accessories keep things clean and fresh.
- Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore® enchanted, deep space, silver satin
- Towel Colors: A light lavender towel set would be striking against a darker wall
- Decor Accent: Decorative dried lavender
Bottom line, use the colors and scents that make you feel good. When you surround yourself with that, you’ll have a spa-like environment in your own home, without any expensive renovations. Get ready, bathing beauty!
p.s. Have fun creating your own custom color combinations online at Benjamin Moore’s color gallery. Or, do you have a design question? Register for a one-on-one consultation with one of our visiting design experts. There are a few spots left in May… and the June series will be announced shortly. Please sign up for our e-newsletter to receive the opportunity to sign up first!